Social Emotional Learning
- Presented by Rose Mesick, LCPC, with Children’s Research Triangle/Project LAUNCH
- Description: SEL has become a trendy and at times, a controversial topic in the world of education. But what is it, really? This training touches on the research behind social emotional learning as an evidenced-based education practice, examines the benefits of supporting the development of emotional intelligence skills in the classroom and explores a variety of application methods that are accessible for elementary level educators.
Note: This session is sponsored by Project LAUNCH. Project LAUNCH provides behavioral health services for children from birth to 8 years old. However, this session will be beneficial for anyone working with children and youth of any age.
Norms for Joining a Bite-Size Session
- Be present. Please join on time and keep your camera on.
- Actively listen and contribute. Participation and interaction are greatly encouraged.
- Be respectful to others. Please stay muted when not speaking.
- Keep an open mind and value the perspective of others.
Types of Certification:
- For Educators on a PEL, the IEA will provide 1.5 PDHs per session.
- For LSW, LCSW, LCP, or LCPC, the SIU School of Medicine will provide 1.5 CEUs per session.
- For Early Childhood Educators, P4R will provide a 1.5 hour certificate of completion.