Living in Alignment: Fostering Resilience and Stress Management through Mindfulness
- Presented by Crissy Mombela, M. Ed. and Director of REACH for the Partnership for Resilience
- Description: Grab your yoga mat, journal and your favorite relaxing tea! This session is designed to consider how mindfulness exercises can assist in managing stress and stay balanced. An overview of the eight dimensions of wellness will be provided along with resources & strategies for each.
Note: This session is designed to look at individual care, not collective or organizational care. It may not address the root causes of stress or burnout stemming from excessive workloads and organizational factors. A more comprehensive approach is needed for this.
Norms for Joining a Bite-Size Session
- Be present. Please join on time and keep your camera on.
- Actively listen and contribute. Participation and interaction are greatly encouraged.
- Be respectful to others. Please stay muted when not speaking.
- Keep an open mind and value the perspective of others.
Types of Certification:
- For Educators on a PEL, the IEA will provide 1.5 PDHs per session.
- For LSW, LCSW, LCP, or LCPC, the SIU School of Medicine will provide 1.5 CEUs per session.
- For Early Childhood Educators, P4R will provide a 1.5 hour certificate of completion.