Skip to content
Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain
- Presented by Aleza Berube, M. Ed. with the Stress and Trauma Treatment Center
- Description: Join us for an interactive and joyful bite-sized PD on how to become more culturally responsive in your teaching practices. Based on Zaretta Hammond’s book with the same title, we will explore strategies to build trust, align your teaching with multiple cultural norms, and become a warm demander in the classroom.
Norms for Joining a Bite-Size Session
- Be present. Please join on time and keep your camera on.
- Actively listen and contribute. Participation and interaction are greatly encouraged.
- Be respectful to others. Please stay muted when not speaking.
- Keep an open mind and value the perspective of others.
Types of Certification:
- For Educators on a PEL, the IEA will provide 1.5 PDHs per session.
- For LSW, LCSW, LCP, or LCPC, the SIU School of Medicine will provide 1.5 CEUs per session.
- For Early Childhood Educators, P4R will provide a 1.5 hour certificate of completion.