Classroom Meetings/ Morning Meetings to Build SEL Skills and Create a Positive Learning Environment
- Presented by Aleza Berube, M. Ed. with the Stress and Trauma Treatment Center
- Relationships are the onramp for all learning (Hammond 2012) and intentionally building relationships in your classroom leads to positive outcomes for you and your students. In this bite-sized PD, learn how to craft simple and effective classroom meetings where students learn SEL skills, build a sense of belonging in your classroom community, and start the day off ready to learn.
Norms for Joining a Bite-Size Session
- Be present. Please join on time and keep your camera on.
- Actively listen and contribute. Participation and interaction are greatly encouraged.
- Be respectful to others. Please stay muted when not speaking.
- Keep an open mind and value the perspective of others.
Types of Certification:
- For Educators on a PEL, the IEA will provide 1.5 PDHs per session.
- For LSW, LCSW, LCP, or LCPC, the SIU School of Medicine will provide 1.5 CEUs per session.
- For Early Childhood Educators, P4R will provide a 1.5 hour certificate of completion.